At Unity of Bremerton, your children can develop a healthy relationship with God, learn positive values, share their feelings, communicate with one another and develop a healthy self-image. Lessons are designed to start children on their path of spiritual discovery and to the power of Christ within.
Music, crafts, games and other activities are designed to support the positive thoughts and success of each child, self-love and confidence, and embrace life's diversity.
Through lessons that include spiritual, creative and social activities, children discover the importance of God in their lives and learn the principles of Truth, according to Unity.
Here is the children’s version of Unity’s Five Basic Principles that we teach and refer to during our lessons:
Unity’s Five Basic Principles for Children
1. God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
2. I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
3. I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life .
5. I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference.
Call out the Children...
By Myrtle Fillmore, Co-Founder of Unity
"Our mission is not to entertain the children, but to call them out.
To be always entertained is to be dwarfed and dependent.
To be "called out" is to follow the harmonious law of the soul's unfoldment.
Who meddles with the rosebud? What fingers are deft enough to pry open
that marvel of folded beauty? We are wise enough to leave it alone
to follow the glad law of its own unfolding, but our children!
Have we dealt as wisely with these buds of marvelous possibilities?
Have we always remembered that they, too, must quicken
and unfold through the innate law of their own genius?"